MICE Uganda is a Destination Management Company and Full Incentive House. MICE Uganda is located at Zanna – Bunamwaya Road, Entebbe road in Kampala Uganda. We specialize in conceptualizing, planning, preparing, organizing and implementing Conferences, Meetings, Incentives and Events as well as any other Corporate or private occasions that require a professional preparatory touch. At MICE Uganda, We work within agreed parameters, monitor every step to ensure that emphasis is placed on the smallest detail which is our key driving factor.
From finding the right venue to keeping all participants informed, arranging your meeting logistics to creating reports from your captured data. Our up-front meeting planning ensures that we understand your meeting requirements early and are properly positioned to respond to your needs, upon your request.
As a Full Incentive House MICE UGANDA offers a complete range of services and advice for event development, management and production.
We strive to deliver the most creative, impact-full and cost effective event solutions for our clients. We also have the only CIS- (Certified Incentive Specialist) in Uganda and are proud to be of service to any person needing our services
MICE UGANDA COMPANY PROFILE
Our staff membership is comprised of fully professional and experienced guides, conference and travel consultants who have been in the meetings and incentive travel Industry as well as safari provision business both in Uganda and regionally for a combined average period of over twenty years and still passionate about what we do. The varied experience obtained by our team and the complimentary aspect of our services, provides a wealth of resources and ideas that enable us to manage any size of events and also conduct the pre and post conference tours successfully.
What is our Philosophy?
Our philosophy is “…look no further consider it done
This is because at MICE Uganda, we are always thinking about details.
Our up-front meeting planning ensures that we understand your meeting requirements early and are properly, this is where we will seek to understand your objectives and ensure that we work towards achieving them
MICE Uganda helps you manage all your meeting details—from finding the right venue to keeping all participants informed of meeting logistics to creating reports from your captured data.
Identification and negotiation for conference delegates favorable group rates based on numbers that will stay at the hotel. For this we will require guidance from you on which clients want which hotel category.
Our recommended hotels are
- Serena Hotel, Kampala.
- Munyonyo common wealth Resort
- Sheraton Hotel.
- Lake Victoria Serena Hotel
- Golden Tulip Hotel.
- Hotel Africana.
- Golf Course Hotel
- Naguru skyz
- Mestil Hotel & Restaurant
- Hotel African
- Imperial Royal
We will provide summary information and pictures about the hotels and a link that can be shared on your conference website, when clients click on it they will be transferred to the booking page so that their particulars and required days of stay will be collected. So long as the clients mention that they are attending your Conference, they will be immediately directed to the booking sheet and the charged levied will be those negotiated by us with the hotel.
EXCURSIONS BOOKINGS – Pre and post conference tours
Pre and post conference tours – As a safari provider, we will provide a set of tailor made safari packages that can be placed on the website and the client can already get an idea
of the available excursion. Once we receive a booking for an excursion, our safaris team will put together the package, make the reservations for all required accommodations, permits, collect the payment for the trip and conduct the safari for the client.
We can handle the following:
- Safari planning and execution to all the National parks of Uganda and Rwanda
- We provide scheduled and chartered Air travel on domestically operated flights. TRANSPORT – we can provide transport for both the VIPS and their delegations. The following types of vehicles are available for hire:
- VIP Vehicles which include Mercedes Benz, Crown.
- Coaster Buses
- Service Cars to support the delegations and these include land cruiser Prado
A daily rental rate for the chosen type of car as per above list will b e charged. This rate will communicated later. Please note that the vehicle cost is inclusive of the driver’s fees but exclusive of the fuel it is the client’s responsibility to buy the fuel.
Payment will be by three methods
- Cash payment directly but with a credit card is required as reservation guarantee
- Payment by Bank Transfer to MICE Uganda and a hotel voucher will be issued for the hotel on arrival or even before travel to Uganda
- Credit card payment to an account number that will be communicated. All cancellations shall be guided by the cancellation policy as shall be advised.
Conference and Convention Design-Our up-front convention planning ensures that we understand your requirements early and are best positioned to respond to your needs. Conference planning, registration, and management can be a logistical challenge.
Wouldn’t it be great if all you had to do was plan the meetings and magically have your participants appear on their own? Our service package can be tailored to meet the scale determined by program requirements, corporate culture, and budget.
TRANSPORT – we can provide transport for both the VIPS and their delegations. The following types of vehicles are available for hire:
- VIP Vehicles.
- Coaster Buses
- Luxury Coach Buses
- Extended Safari Cars.
Service Cars to support the delegations and these include land cruiser Prado; Super Custom; Saloon cars, SUVs, etc.
A daily rental rate for the chosen type of car as per above list will be charged on dry lease basis. This rate will be communicated latter. Please note that the vehicle cost is inclusive of the driver’s fees but exclusive of the fuel it is the client’s responsibility to buy the fuel, should the clients wish to have a fuel inclusive rate then this will be provided based on a daily mileage estimate.
Payment will be by three methods
- Cash payment directly but with a credit card is required as reservation guarantee
- Pre-payment by Bank Transfer to MICE Uganda and a hotel voucher will be issued for the hotel on arrival or even before travel to Uganda
- Credit card payment to a company account number that will be communicated.
All cancellations shall be guided by the cancellation policy as shall be advised.
ONGOING ACTIVITIES DURING THE CONFERENCE
Additional services needed for the conference that we take care of include:
- Coordination services
- VIP meet and greet services and handling
- Coordination of protocol services needed
- Ushering services for the Meet and greet at the airport and subsequent guest transfers to respective Hotels
- Ushering services for redirecting clients at the hotels and conference venue
- Ground transfers for clients – Transferring clients to and from the conference venue
- Conducting excursion for delegates and accompanying partners as requested
- Conducting pre and post conference tours
QUALITY CONTROL AND RISK MANAGEMENT
We understand the importance of keeping all information brought into our custody confidential so we have put in place measures to ensure this by providing for the following:
Pass word controlled access to registration lists;
All bookings are to be done through the Company’s booking system which will take responsibility for safe keeping of availed information
Executive Directors of the company present to provide onsite coordination to ensure that services provided are attended to as promised.
Regular liaison with the responsible PCO and conference managers from the client’s side to ensure any deviations from plan are quickly handled and rectified before they get our t of hand.
Recommended hotels are regularly checked for continued quality service provision and to ensure that they have professional staff capable of handling the number of guests present as we use them regularly for conferences.
NUMBER OF STAFF ASSIGNED TO EACH DUTY
Our Team – Our people give you a level of personalized service and are dedicated to the success of your meeting; each team member contributes to the creation of a memorable experience for your participants and the realization of your program objectives.
The following MICE Uganda team will work with you before the conferences
- The Executive leadership who will meet with you to understand your requirements and discuss all relevant logistical requirements needed to prepare for the conference and also provide strategic direction from MICE Uganda’s side. will then come up with your customized meeting proposal, they work with you to analyze the services required, including registration, badges and welcome kits, on-site equipment, and hotel reservations; identify budget parameters; discuss participant dynamics, including translation or other special needs.
- Finance and Accounting responsible for budgets, accounts, foreign and local currency which will also be related to any requirements for excursions by delegates.
- Sales executives who Research appropriate suppliers, vendors, and present options that match your requirements and create program options that match your company parameters. They are available throughout the program to answer questions and ensure accuracy.
- The Online Registration form will be developed and maintained by our IT and innovation. The online booking form and ensure that all required data is collected as per your specifications. We will provide a link that can be shared on your website to directly link the delegates to the registration form through your conference website. Your organization’s assigned convention planner or management team will have access by special pass code to helpful reporting tools that show who has registered, the number of participants signed up for each event, and even special meal requests, just to name a few of the options available.
- We will also provide a telephone registration service with helpful Customer Service Representatives on staff.
The staff that will work with you during and after the conference include:
- Program managers headed by the executive who will be available at the Conference venue to assist with the hands on and coordination roles. These are your day-to-day contact during your program. They manage the operation of your program, finalize all event details, fulfill all program components, and assist with additional services as requested.
- One Air manager who the airline reconfirmations and rescheduling as may be required.
- We will also position a corresponding number of ushers that will be positioned as follows:
- Meet and Greet arrivals lounge, these will direct the delegates to the waiting vehicles that will transfer them to their respective hotels.
- Ushers at the buses to assist and escort delegates that will be transferring to the hotels
- Ushers per designated hotel to receive the guests, assist with the check-in process and hand them over to the hotel management.
- Ushers at the conference venue to assist the delegates in directing them to the meeting sessions and answer any questions they may have.
WHAT OTHER SERVICES MICE UGANDA CAN DO FOR YOU
We handle upon your request the following on your behalf:
- We have a network of and access to bilingual secretaries, rapporteurs, computers, printers, hostesses and internet facilities that we can provide to support your work during the conference
- Our Communication personnel can interpret your communication and branding strategy and provide support including Media coverage, Photography, videography and audiovisuals, handle your invitations (production and distribution of the invitation cards) and publicity for the event through :
PVC BANNERS – We can produce banners in different dimensions depending on the needs of the client and the level of publicity required for the program. We will also advise on the places they can be positioned for maximum exposure. The services we provide include production and hanging them up.
TSHIRTS – We can produce Screen print as well embroidered Polo and/or round neck T-Shirts.
CONFERENCE BAGS – We can provide Conference Bags with the conference logo inscribed on each bag that you can distribute to your participants for carrying conference literature.
INVITATION CARDS – We can provide printing and distribution services for invitation Cards to be sent some of the dignitaries you wish to invite from among the participants and also the local communities that you wish to invite.
- PORTABLE SIMULTANEOUS INTERPRETATION SYSTEMS (SIS) HIRE – which is composed of a standalone booth during the opening session and plenary sessions, tabletop booths, desk and mobile wireless microphones, headsets for, delegates’ comfort, loudspeakers, language selectors, amplifiers and control units during the sessions. The package also includes technicians who will be in charge of setting up and supporting the use of this equipment and the Confirmation of Interpreters and guests.
- Coordination Services include the provision of Ushers to support meet and greet services at the Airport plus transfers. Coordination of internal ground transfers plus redirecting guests within the venue of the conference
- Airline, reservations bookings and on site air tickets and seat reconfirmation services
- SECRETARIAL SERVICES, COMPUTERS and PRINTERS – The company can provide the client with computers, printers and secretaries who are multilingual for the servicing of the secretariat. The computers provide are based on all the 6 United Nations languages and the printers supplied are Color Laser jet printers as well as Black and White Laser printers. The consumables however, like paper and toner Cartridge can be provided by the client. The provision of Document holders and stationery, photocopying and Secretarial services as required.
- Entertainment and Social Events coordination including site seeing and Decoration of conference rooms, (cultural evenings, cocktails, dinners and concerts)
WHY CHOOSE MICE UGANDA AS THE COMPANY TO PARTNER WITH IN THE PREPARATIONS OF YOUR CONFERENCE?
Firstly, this is an indigenous company having a heart for Uganda and investing in Uganda by providing employment to our local population.
As an indigenous company, MICE Uganda has since its establishment, trained, developed and worked with the local population by creating jobs which have provided much needed family incomes in the communities we are involved in and to which we take our clients. We consider ourselves a partner in the development of Uganda and intend to continue to do so in the foreseeable future.
Secondly, by using a professionally registered incentive and conference organizing company, you are assured of Professional and timely services, you also have the element of clear accountability and proper communication channels, plus you can obtain the value added services from the relationship created and established for any future meetings related services as well as reciprocal service needs from a trusted company.
MICE Uganda through our parent company Asyanut Limited is also privileged to be a affiliated to the following Tourism Associations which provide for our level of reliability in service provision.
- Association of Uganda Tour Operators (AUTO)
- Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) –USA
- American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) – Supplier member
- African Travel Association (ATA) – Uganda Chapter
- Global Travel International (GTI) Affiliate Member
- Japan Association of travel Agents. Full member.
- A member of Site – Society for incentive travel Excellency.
MICE Uganda has also provided Logistics and travel services to many local corporate and Corporate Clients as below but not limited to:
Ministry of Health, The European Union, Imagine Partners Uganda, Uganda Cooperative Alliance, World Population Fund, Basic needs, United States Government – Military project.
WHAT CONFERENCES HAVE WE ORGANISED TO DATE.
Basing on the conferences we have organized for various companies, individuals and organizations the feedback has always encouraging and we have handled the following conferences:
- APCANN conference on Child Abuse & Neglect held at Hotel Africana Kampala Uganda from 27 to 29 March 2007.
- 4th International Institute of Peace through Tourism Conference to be held at Serena hotel Kampala from 20 to 25 May 2007.
- Profit Tourism Conference to be held at Munyonyo Country Resort from 27 to 29 June 2007.
- IF International Conference that was held at Munyonyo Country Resort from 19 to 23 June 2007.
- The Common Wealth Heads of Government Meeting held in Uganda in 2007. We were in charge of the logistical support for the delegations from Caribbean Island states.
- The Africa Arab Conference held in Uganda in 2008.
- The African Union Secretariat in The Gambia and the Ministry of foreign Affairs with whom we organized a Conference on Human Rights in Golf Course Hotel Kampala October 2008.
- African Center for Global Health and Social Transformation head office in Kampala organized a Health Conference in Serena Hotel Kampala December,2009
- 15TH IBD Conference (Institute of Breweries Development) held in Lake Victoria Serena Hotel Kampala March 2011. Lake Victoria Serena Resort March, 2011- handled all the Meet and Greet services, Airport and ground transfers, Hotel reservations, Excursions and logistical ground support for the International Conference Partner.
- Inter parliamentary Union – 126th IPU Assembly in Kampala in April 2012. Lead Tour operator and in charge of excursions
- Official Excursions provider at the Uganda Communications Commission
- Conference: Munyonyo November 2013
- World Travel Market Africa by Reeds Exhibitions Event Organizer – for a series of local meetings and a breakfast meeting hosted in Serena for the Tourism Fraternity: January, 21st 2014.
- eLearning Africa 2014, the 9th International Conference on ICT for Development, Education and Training Kampala, Uganda, from 28th to 30th of May 2014 at the Speke Resort organised by ICWE GmbH. Mice Uganda was contracted to handle the preparation and organization of the CONFERENCE as the official Travel Agency responsible for ground handling operations, Hotel Booking Airport Shuttle Service (Airport → Different Hotels → Airport) Tourist Attractions/Sightseeing
- Workshop for the African Amphibian Working group, 29th to 31st May in Ruhija Gorilla Lodge Bwindi, Uganda. The workshop is held after every three years. The organizers and sponsors was World Life Conservation society. The conference attracted some of the world’s renowned professors, researchers, scholars in the field of Amphibian life.
- Spotlight travel expo – Kampala 23 June, 2015 at Serena Hotel, Uganda. The workshop is held every year by Houston marketing services. The conference attracted different companies from South Africa and Kenya. Mice Uganda coordinated the whole CONFERENCE, meet and greet services as well as accommodation for the delegate as the official company responsible for ground handling of operations.
- Spotlight travel expo – For the second year running in Kampala 15 June, 2016 at The Golf Course Hotel, Uganda. The workshop is held every year by Houston marketing services. The conference attracted different companies from South Africa and Kenya. Mice Uganda coordinated the whole CONFERENCE as per official organizer.
- HUAWEI Technologies End of Year Executive Staff Party 22ND December, 2016 at the Lawns Gardens for over 300staff members
- HUAWEI Technologies – Seeds for the Future Flag off event 29/05/2017 at Makerere University attended by the Minister of Education of the Republic of Uganda and the Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China to Uganda.